Tuesday, February 3, 2015

SuPeR BoWl ApPeTiZeR - YUM!

My mom has been making this delicious appetizer since I was in my teens at least or before.  I haven't seen this anywhere on Pinterest yet either, so this is a new appetizer for you all to try.  I will be up front here and say it is definitely not a healthy appetizer but if you only have it on special occasions then go for it.  My best and worst memory of this dish is when my mom made it for a New Year's Party one year and us kids were doing our thing at the party and parents were playing cards like usual.  No monitoring of the junk that we ate that night.  Well I overindulged in this delicious appetizer and ended up getting sick because of it.  Up until this year I haven't eaten them because of that.  The last time I saw my mom she had made them for her book club and had some left over so I tried some and they sucked me in.  I got the recipe from her and made them for New Year's Eve and they were hit.  Then I made them again for the Super Bowl and they were a hit again.


Chili Sausage Bites ~ Step by Step of what to do.  
You can print the recipe below.










Take these tasty chili sausage bites to your next New Year's Eve, Super Bowl or whatever your having a party for.  You'll be the hit of the party!!!


Print Recipe

Chili Sausage Bites


Yummy appetizer to take to parties!
Course: Appetizers
Cuisine: American
Serves: 16

Ingredients

  • 4 packages Sausage links
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 cup chili sauce
  • 4 Tbsp butter (melted)
  • 1/8 cup vinegar
  • 1/8 cup soy sauce
  • 1/4 tsp garlic salt

Directions

  1. Cut up each sausage link into 4 pieces. (4 packages of 8 skinless links.) After they are all cut up put in a skillet and brown until grease is minimal.
  2. Put the rest of the ingredients in a bowl and mix together.
  3. Once sausage links are cooked put in bowl with sauce and mix them up.
  4. Put all ingredients in a crock pot to keep warm for serving.
  5. I got all mine to fit in my mini crock pot.

Powered by
Plan To Eat

#superbowlfood #appetizer #sausagebites

No comments:

Post a Comment