Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Library Reading Challenge ~ DONE!

I recently finished a fun challenge through my local mid-continent public library.   It was called Read to Reel. You had to read 5 books between January 15th and March 15th.  I thought they were supposed to be books that were turned into movies which is what the program stated online but the librarians said it could be any book really.  I kept to the books that were turned into movies as it was fun to read them and I picked up books I hadn't read before.  The library had lots of recommendations to choose from, with descriptions of them and most of them were checked out via electronically for online reading so it was hard to get them.   I had to find others that weren't as popular and not on the list.  Here's what I ended up reading.  Since, I completed the challenge I got the fun mug pictured above!





1.  The Last Song by Nicolas Sparks
        YouTube Trailer - The Last Song
2.  The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
        YouTube Trailer - The Girl on the Train
3.  This is Where I Leave You by Jonathan Tropper
         YouTube Trailer - This is Where I Leave You
4.  The Choice by Nicholas Sparks
         YouTube Trailer - The Choice
5.  Still Alice by Lisa Genova
         YouTube Trailer - Still Alice

After reading all 5 books I started checking out the DVD movies from the library and watching them. Like always, some of them followed the books really well and others not so much but I really enjoyed all the books I picked out and the movies were all pretty good as well!   

Looking at the list above here are my thoughts on each.  



  • Nicholas Sparks -  You can never go wrong with his books.  They pull you in from start to finish. 
  • Paula Hawkins - Wow!  This book had me on the seat of my pants.  Make sure to write down the characters to help keep them straight or you will be flipping back trying to figure out who is who.  Great movie as well!
  • Johnathan Tropper - I had no idea what this book was about when I got it.   It was on the list from the library but I forgot what it was about by the time I got it on my kindle.   It pulled me in rather quickly as it's about a family that loses their father and they come together and have to sit Shiva for a week.  But with all the dysfunction it is a long hellish week.  Read it to find out what all happens in this drama. 
  • Lisa Genova - I knew that this movie was  out, but wanted to read the book first and this challenge gave me a good reason to finally pick it up.  It was kind of a tough read for me as my Grandma passed away from Alzheimer's and it was very hard to see her deteriorate and not be herself anymore.  But in the end this book was great and made me feel better and understand the disease.  Praying for a cure!

Reading Recommendations from the challenge HERE!

#lovetoread #books

No comments:

Post a Comment