Monday, January 28, 2019

Sticking Together!

What exactly does this mean?  It was our PTA theme this year and we carried it over into our bulletin boards as well.  The theme was the following:


FAMILIES, TEACHERS, & COMMUNITY “STICKING” TOGETHER.
Be informed.
Be Active.
Be your kid’s biggest fan.
Be Ridgeview PTA!
STICKING TOGETHER!

At first all could think was what the heck am I going to do with this.  Then the gal that came up with it said she wanted to focus on bubble gum as the families and community and glue as the teachers and staff at the school.  I went to Pinterest first to help me come up with ideas but created my own.  I have another mom helping me come up with ideas and put the boards up again every two months except for the first two boards they needed to be done quickly and we couldn't find a time to meet up.  


AUGUST / SEPTEMBER
Rolling out Aug./Sept. Events! This was a challenge to do in such a short time period once I found out what the theme was this year and have it up before school started but I got it done.  I found several different ideas online and designed my own with what I liked from each one and also did my own thing as well.  I love the crumpled up paper gumball to throw definition on the board.  The gumballs have the dates of what's happening in order rolling out of the machine.  


OCTOBER / NOVEMBER
Stuck with PTA!  I really wanted to do someone blowing a bubble out of their mouth, so I grabbed my son one day while up at the school and traced his shadow with the projector they have in the front classroom.  The big bubbles are free hand and I think turned out great! The little round bubbles are the dates of events for the next two months in order.  The pink also worked out great since it was breast cancer month.  

DECEMBER / JANUARY / FEBRUARY
Stuck On PTA!  Guess what that tree is made of?  Hmmmm, bright green sticky notes that I found at the dollar store.  The packages below the tree each have a gift tag with the dates of what's coming up, just like the first two boards this year.  I thought that was rather clever putting the dates on the tags.  It takes time doing all of this but I love it!



MARCH / APRIL

Sticking Together like glue!  Rather clever, if I do say so myself.  Love the RoadRunners spelled out with glue going from one bottle to the other.  The little bottles in the center with globs of glue coming out have the dates of events coming up in March and April.  

The apples on each glue bottle say the following:

#1 Teachers & Staff 
#1 Parents & Students

If that doesn't tie it altogether I don't know what does.

MAY - LAST BOARD OF THE YEAR!
Road Runners Sticking with PTA!  HANDS UP FOR PTA!  With this last board we asked the art teacher if she could help us out.  She had one of her classes trace their arms and hands and decorate them for us to use on the board.  The flowers at the top have the dates of events on them.  

Here's to another great year!


No comments:

Post a Comment