Thursday, February 27, 2014

Interruptions during exercising!

Working out and being interrupted is not a good thing.

Wednesday, 2/26/14

Didn't make it to the gym today, as I was asked to sub at the preschool I work at, I said, "YES".   You never know when you may need a sub yourself, so I usually step up to the plate and help out if I can. Needless to say, I had to workout from home.  As soon as I got home, I put my workout clothes on and went down to ride my bike, which is on the stand.  Rode my bike for 35 minutes and got some good book reading in. Didn't do anything else today as we had a crazy evening, needed to get busy on other things. I'll fill you in later, on the new book I'm reading. 

Thursday, 2/27/14

Ugh, another workout interruption.  Got a call from the school nurse, saying my son is sick.  Got most of my workout in today, but not all.  Here it is:

Cardio -  (I'm all about getting a mile in, on whatever machine I'm on, and pushing myself to get there!)
Elliptical (warm-up) - 10 minutes , 1 mile, level 6 - 45 seconds nice and steady, the last 15 seconds go as fast as you can.  Push yourself to get .10 in every minute.  After 10 minutes of this, you should be at 1 mile!  
Stationary Bike - 12 minutes, 3 miles (4 min miles is what you should be going for - push yourself to get to this level), level 1
Treadmill - 12.46 minutes, 1 mile 

Strength Training - 
Did both arms and legs, since I didn't do any yesterday.
Fly (arms) - 3 rounds 15 reps each, 50 lbs or (3 x 15) - works the chest, more than likely it will be sore tomorrow from doing this.
Leg Press - 3 x 15, 180 lbs
Triceps (arms) from bench - 3 x 15
Squats with weights - 3 x 15, 1 x 15bs, 2 x 20lbs & 3 x 25lbs
Biceps - 1 x 15, 20 lb bar
Biceps - 1 x 15, 30 lb bar
Overhead Press - 1 x 15, 20 lb bar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqQ-pQLbpT8

Abs -
I wasn't going to do these, since I didn't get it done at the gym but now I'm feeling guilty.  Doing them now. Will finish typing in a minute.  100 crunches DONE!
25 regular crunches
25 bicycle crunches
25 Russian twist w/10lb wt (normally I use 12 or 15lbs, but all I have at home is a 10lb wt.)  I just learned something new watching the video.  I've always done it with my feet on the floor, but if you hold your feet and legs up that gives you more resistance. 
Watch this video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DYuSXvpu0g
25 regular crunches

No comments:

Post a Comment