Sunday, April 12, 2015

Reading time is back!

I've been in a reading slump lately and finally got out of it and read two great books!

Why was I in a reading slump?  Well, my parents werein town about a month ago and my Mom mentioned that she likes to play solitaire on her phone.  I ended up getting the app on my Kindle and the it is way to addictive.  Especially since you can play game after game so easily.  The rest is history, that's what I've been up too instead of reading a good book.  I've been getting sucked into playing solitaire on my Kindle.  

Here are the two books I just recently read after taking the solitaire app of my Kindle. 


Accidental Book Club
By Jennifer Scott

This book is about a group of six ladies that come together in a time of need and support one another through their ups and downs in life.  Jean's neighbor Loretta talked her into starting it after Jean's husband passed away.  The book club is an excuse to get away and have some fun and discuss whatever book they are reading for the month.  It ends up being more than just a book club as they have a potluck each time, wine and become better friends along the way!  It has lots of twist and turns throughout as each character deals with their daily lives.  


I gave this book 4 out of 5 stars on Goodread.com ~ I really liked it!


Flowers in the Snow
By Danielle Stewart

Flowers in the Snow (The Edenville Series, #1)I love, love, loved this book.  I've read a lot of her other books in the past and this is a new series off of the Piper Anderson Series.  I gave this book 5 stars on Goodreads.com ~ it was AMAZING!!!!

This book is ALL about Betty growing up and what she went through.  It based on growing up in the 60's in the south before Civil rights went into effect in Edenville.  The whole family gathered around Betty after she received a letter and she shared her story and everything that happened along the way.  



LOVE TO READ!

#lovetoread #books #flowersinthesnow #theaccidentalbookclub 

No comments:

Post a Comment