Thursday, April 9, 2015

Throw Back Thursday Exercise Tools

Here are a couple of fun throw back exercise items that I wanted to share with you all! 

First off, have you seen Suzanne Somers on Dancing with the Stars this season.  If not, you really should.  Her legs look great. Why, because of the thigh master.  She has aged a little bit but for her age (68) she looks great.  Did you ever you use the Thigh Master growing up or one similar that is out today? If not that's OK there are plenty of other exercises out there to work our thighs. Although, this is a great tool to use if you had or have one now.

A couple of great thigh exercises that you can do are lunges or squats.  Otherwise, check out the link 
HERE for their top 10 thigh exercises.




The second throw back exercise item I want to share is the Skip Ball.  I actually got one of these to put in my one of my kiddos Easter baskets this year.  They had light up ones at Target for $3.00 in the Dollar area but I couldn't get any of them to light up.  I then was looking around in the toy section for something to put in the Easter basket and ran across an end cap of exercise Skip Balls that were better quality.  They were on clearance for $13.00, which I thought wasn't bad.  I always wanted one of these when I was growing up so I got one for the basket.  My daughter that got it from the Easter Bunny didn't really know what it was but once she figured it out she loved it.  She's my one that doesn't exercise much unless I push her and this is a fun way for her to exercise and not call it exercise. 

I've been using it quite a bit as well when I sit down to watch TV.  During commerical breaks I use it and do at least 50 skips with it each time.     No better way than burning off a few calories while watching TV.

Here's what I actually got but very similar to the Skip Ball.  I got the SkipFit by Empower. Check it out HERE!  On the box it says burn up to 330 calories when used for 5 minutes, 5 times per day.  


GET UP AND MOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment