Friday, April 12, 2024

Day #1 - 4 Lent Activities

This year for Lent our church passed out a similar but different chart to do from past years.   Normally, I don't get very far but this year it's set up differently and you can pick and choose from 80 different random acts of kindness or there are also 16 blank squares that you can make up your own act of kindness.  I decided that I would draw my daily act of kindness from an envelope/hat to see what I get to do each day.  I thought this would be a fun way to do something special each day for the 40 days of lent.  

Here's are the slips of paper I drew out of the envelope for the first 4 days so far.  

Day #1 ~ Learn how to say HELLO in a different language!  I went above and beyond and decided to learn several different languages to say HELLO to people on this day.   They were:

  • Spanish  - Hola
  • German - Hallo
  • French - Bonjour
  • Hawaiian - Aloha
Day #2 ~  Donate a bag or box of clothes!


I packed this box full of 28 pairs of boys and girls jeans and stretch pants.





Day #3 ~ Leave a thank you for your mail carrier!  I've always wanted to do this at Christmas time for our mailman but never have, so I'm doing it NOW.    Of  course, I searched online for different ideas and here's what I found:
  • M&M's - Thanks for driving Miles & Miles each day! Put this note with a bag of M&M's.  Super cute idea.  I pinned this to my Pinterest page a long time ago, so this is the one I choose to do.  Check it out HERE.
  • COOKIES!!!  Give your mailman a box of Girl Scout Cookies during cookie season,  Pepperidge Farm Milano cookies or any type of cookies you wish with a thank you note.  Check it out HERE.
  • GUM - Thanks for always going the extra mile! Check it out HERE.  I like this one a lot too!
  • COFFEE - Thanks a Latte for all that you do!  Break time, go get some coffee.  Check it out HERE.


Day #4 - Do a 5K for a good cause! 

 
I didn't draw this one, I put this one on day #4 because I had already signed up to do a 5K through the preschool/church I work at.  We did a run that our home town hospital was putting on. The proceeds went to the Hospital Foundation to help families in need. What a great way to help others!

Didn't get this completed and sent our on time but here a few that I liked.  









No comments:

Post a Comment