Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Back to the Grind!

It's Back to School Time and Back to the Exercise Grind! 

Time to get back on a schedule since there was none this summer. No better time than the present to start working out and playing catch up since I didn't do a whole lot this summer.  I tried to have a workout schedule this summer but like any other summer we take it easy and have fun.  Now that school is back in session it's time to head to the gym again or run outside when it's cooler out.  The first half week of school it was a little cooler out in the mornings, so I took our dog out for a run/walk in the morning as soon as the kids got on the bus.  

Here's what I did:


These stats are from my runkeeper account, which is fabulous.  It keeps track of all this information along with the route you take and much more if you pay for it, which I don't.   This is plenty of information for me at this point.

Tues 8/12/14 -  Run/walk  2.58 miles, 33:13 time, 12:51 avg. pace & 217 calories burned!

Wed 8/13/14 - Run/walk 2.38 miles, 28:04 time, 11:48 avg. pace & 199 calories burned!

Thurs 8/14/14 - Run/walk 2.59 miles, 30:30 time, 11:46 avg. pace & 208 calories burned!

It's a lot hotter here in KC this week, so I started going back to the gym.  I did go a few times over the summer but nothing to important to share.  It works best for me on my days off if I drop my son off at school and head straight to the gym from there.  If he rides the bus to school I may not leave the house and make it to the gym.  It's best to put on the workout clothes first thing and go as soon as you can. 

Mon 8/18/14 - My first day back to the gym after taking most the summer off, here's what I did.  

Stationary Bike - 20:30 mins., 5 miles, level 6 random & 138 calories burned!

Elliptical - 10 mins., 1 mile, level 5 random & 129 calories burned!

Tricep Press - 3 x 15 @ 70 lbs
Squats - 3 x15 with 15, 20 & 25 lbs weight
Push-ups on knees - 3 x 15

ABS - 25 crunches, 25 bicycle, 25 Russian twist, 25 crunches again & 25 knee ups - totaling 125 crunches! 

Tues 8/19/14  Well I'm feeling sore from my workout yesterday, but like the saying goes "No pain, No gain".  When I was at the gym on Monday I saw that they were doing a power class today at 9 am.  After dropping my son off at school I drove straight to the gym.  I hopped on an elliptical first since I was 15 minutes early and did a warm up.  Although, with this class you really don't need to warm up, you get plenty from the class but I'm making up all my missed workouts now.  Not really but every little bit helps. 

Elliptical - 10 minutes, 1 mile, level 5, random hills & 129 calories burned!


Power class - It's an awesome class that they offer for FREE with the membership.  It's a 1 hour weight class that works all the muscles in your body.  I try to do this on my own but don't push myself as hard most the time.   

If you workout at a gym make sure to try out the different classes that they offer.  They can give you fresh new ideas and really work you hard.  

When I got home I decided to make a shake and get some protein back in me to help repair my muscles after this grueling class.  OK, it wasn't that bad, but it was really GOOD!

Here's what I threw together.  Sorry, no pictures of it this time I wanted to make sure it tasted good, which it does so I want to share it with you.

Healthy Smoothie of the Day ~
1 cup ice
Vanilla Soy milk
1 Tbsp peanut butter (I used Jiff or whatever kind you have, that you like.)
1 Tbsp honey
1/4 cup of oats 

Put all ingredients into my JCP Cooks blender, I love this blender because it's a single serve blender and works great for making smoothies.  Mix up and drink, YUM!!!


Now it's time to get up 
and MOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment