Thursday, August 21, 2014

Switch It Up!

Well today I decided to switch it up and try something new.  Today's workout consisted of the following:

Warm-up on the StairMaster ~

.91 miles, 10 mins., level 9 speed intervals, 43 floors & 70.9 calories burned!

Pilates ~

My mom retired a couple of months ago and has started taking several different classes back home at the gym she goes to.  Well it sparked my interest as she has tried pilates, yoga, strength training and other classes available.  After doing the pilates class a couple of time my mom said, "That she can tell a difference in her flexibility."    

I decided to give the pilates class another go at the gym TODAY.  About a year ago I tried pilates once for the first time and didn't like it because you don't sweat, but that's not what it is about.  I really like to sweat, then I know I've had a great workout.  I'm not very flexible and my muscles are very tight, so I thought why not.  I know I'll have to do the class more than just this one time, no better time than the present to start going every Thursday!  I can still do some cardio before or after to work up a sweat though.  Lots and lots of stretching and breathing!




Stationary Bike ~

I needed to do a little more to work up a sweat after pilates today, so I hopped on the stationary bike and went for a spin.

2.58 miles, 10 mins., level 7 random, & 73 calories burned!

Stretch trainer ~

After all the stretching I just did in pilates I probably didn't need to do anymore but thought why not.  What can it hurt to stretch a little bit more to finish up.

GET UP AND MOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment