Saturday, August 23, 2014

Let's Get Muddy!

LoziLuToday I participated in the LoziLu Mud Run.  If you have one coming to your area I highly recommend doing it.  I did it with 4 other gals and it was a blast!  It was a rather warm day here in KC but none the less we still went out and had a good time.  

This is a 5K (3.1 miles) fun race of running/walking whichever you prefer, it is not timed.  Along with lots of fun obstacle course challenges along the way.  Including: fishnets, bad hair day, tan lines, 3 mud exfoliator pits, fun house/water slide.  Crazy times!!!  Check out the event info pictures at the website.  

What the race is supports:  LoziLu helps young patients with cancer live happier lives.


Our colors ended up being black and blue,
& our team name was the Bruisers!
Especially since we got a few bruises from climbing
over some of the obstacle courses.
After seeing some of the other team ideas well be coming up with something different and better for next year.

We got down and dirty in the MUD!   More pictures to come.  I didn't have my phone or camera with me since it was such a muddy experience.  No place to keep it while doing all the obstacle course fun!  Need to get pictures from one of the other gals, whose husband was there taking pictures. 

What the race is supports:  LoziLu helps young patients with cancer live happier lives.

Check out the video here.  There are also videos on the LoziLu website as well.  Get a group of friends together and do the LoziLu Mud Run.

After I got home from this I sprayed out my clothes and shoes and soaked them to get even more mud of them. 

Swim time ~

Then crazy as I am, I jumped in our pool which feels fabulous right now because of the heat we've been having and swam 60 laps (600 meters) in 20 minutes.   I had to do this since it's supposed to cool off next week.

My arms and legs are both sore right now from all the exercise and I'm tired as heck.  I'm like the energizer bunny though as I just keep moving, moving, moving!


GET UP AND MOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment