Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Energy Bites!

Who doesn't need an extra energy boost once in awhile.   I can't guarantee you that you will get tons of energy from these but they are healthy and delicious.  

What's really scary is all 3 of my kiddos liked them.  Side story: My daughter came home from school the other day with an assignment from her FACS class (Home Economics in my day).  She needed to make a recipe and it required them measuring 5 things.  I have to admit a lot of my cooking/baking is out of a box but not this.  The energy bites have 7 ingredients to measure, this is what she made, she did a great job!

I got this recipe from a cousin of mine about a year ago and finally decided to make them.  Quick and simple to make.  

Energy Bites recipe:

Ingredients ~

1 C Oatmeal
1/2 C Peanut Butter or any other nut butter
1/3 C Honey
1 C Coconut (toasted optional)
1/2 C Ground Flax seed
1 Scoop Protein Powder (I used 1/2 C)
1 tsp vanilla

Directions ~

Toast coconut nut if desired.  Then combine all ingredients in mixing bowl, mix with spoon, roll into bite size balls, chill and eat!





Make sure you don't burn your coconut.
This batch went in the trash, Oops!





Energy Bites!


No comments:

Post a Comment