Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Old / New Series to Read!

Divergent by Veronica Roth is the book/series to read.  This book came out awhile ago (May 2011) and has been a big hit with the teens.  Although, I know a lot of adults who have read it as well, and I wanted to find out what it was all about.  I finally got my name on the waiting list at the library, to get it through Overdrive.com to read.  Now, I'm on the waiting list for book two, Insurgent - currently 231 out of 240 people that want to read it from the library, that I check out from.   There are 64 copies available for checkout so it shouldn't take too long for my turn to come around.  The last book in the series is Allegiant, I should get on the waiting list for this one now, so I can read them back to back.  

This was a wonderful, quick, easy (3 day) read for me.  I read this book while on the ROAD again, to see family for Mother's Day.   Wish I would of read it sooner and can't wait to watch the movie now!  Click here for the movie trailer link.

P.S. - If you're a Mom, Mother, Mommy or whatever your children call you, I hope you had a great Mother's Day with them.

Here's a clip from Goodreads about the book:  In Beatrice Prior's dystopian Chicago world, society is divided into five factions, each dedicated to the cultivation of a particular virtue--Candor (the honest), Abnegation (the selfless), Dauntless (the brave), Amity (the peaceful), and Erudite (the intelligent). On an appointed day of every year, all sixteen-year-olds must select the faction to which they will devote the rest of their lives. For Beatrice, the decision is between staying with her family and being who she really is--she can't have both. So she makes a choice that surprises everyone, including herself.  

I gave it 5 stars on Goodreads, which means, it was amazing!

READ the book to find out what happens!

Click here to find out more about Veronica Roth and the books she writes. 



No comments:

Post a Comment