Sunday, February 16, 2014

Reading Slump ~ Blame the tablet:

Well, I have to say I’ve been in a reading slump for about a month but I’m finally getting out of it.   My tablet stopped charging and I lost all my books back then.  Actually, I didn’t lose them all as they were still out there, I just couldn’t get to them since my tablet died.  I like to use overdrive and get books through the public library for FREE.  I did install the app on my laptop but reading books on a big laptop vs. a handheld tablet was not my cup of tea.   If you’ve never used OVERDRIVE, it’s a great way to read books.  I still love picking up an REAL book to read and actually turn the pages once in a while though. 

In the meantime, I picked up a book I tried to read once before but yet again couldn’t quite get into it (Three Cups of Tea).  I’ll try this one again, later.   Why I can’t get into this book.   I really can’t stand it when one of these scenarios happens.  Someone says they don’t care for a book and then it ruins it for you or you hear a lot of hype about a book and your expectations are so high it ruins the book for you in this instance as well.  This doesn’t always happen but it doesn’t help either!

Check out this great app for tablets & computers ~ http://omc.overdrive.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment