Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Workout Hiatus!

Between May being a CRAZY busy month and the start of summer with the kiddos home, I just don't seem to get into the gym as often.  Plus, I had a partial tear in my bicep on my left arm the Friday before Mother's Day and it is finally feeling better.  I was told it takes almost 3-6 weeks to heal and that's about right.  I've been icing it each day, putting icy hot on it to relieve the pain and taking lots of Ibuprofen.  I've  been doing some cardio at the gym here or there (maybe once a week, if I can squeeze it in) but that's about it.  This happens to me every year at this time, along with the heat and humidity, I dread running/walking outside unless the weather is perfect like SPRING & FALL.   

I also don't make it into the gym, because I like to sleep-in until 9 am, since I don't have to get the kids up for school or get ready for work. I don't always post my workouts but this gap in Joy of Exercise is finally ending.  
TIP: To kickstart a healthier lifestyle try a SkinnyMe teatox™ to detoxify, cleanse & nourish your body from the inside out - lose weight & discover a healthier you today at www.skinnymetea.com.au #teatox #tea #detox #skinnymetea #weightloss #cleanse #natural #organic




No excuses anymore, it's time to start working out again.

My son started golf lessons today and they are bright and early in the morning from 8:30-9:30 am.  Not the best time, since my kids and I like to sleep-in on summer break.  Although, with the crazy humidity we have here in Missouri I thought it best to sign-up for the early time to take golf lessons.  The weather was beautiful outside this morning and all day, so I planned on going home and taking the dog out for a run/walk.  The summer heat is gone for a few days, so I took the dog out for a run/walk and put my new phone to use with the Runkeeper App.  I also had 4 kids join me on my run today, this made it even more interesting.  


One child is riding behind me on a bike, so not in the picture.  
Three of them were riding bikes and one was run/walking with me and the dog.  Since we were short one bike we had to stop a couple of times to swap bikes and helmets and then start moving again.  Not my best laid plan for a good run/walk but we all got out of the house since it was a 73 degree day and got some exercise.  I ended up running 2.59 miles in 32.23 minutes. 

My husband also started doing a 30 day AB Challenge, that he found on facebook.  I decided it was a time for me to get on the band wagon as well, and do the challenge.

PHOTO: The 30 Day Ab Challenge has more than 2.6 million likes on Facebook.


Take the challenge and get up and move!

No comments:

Post a Comment