Friday, June 20, 2014

At the gym today!


Well I'm going to start this post by saying OH CRAP!  I hate when I misplace or lose something.  Yesterday I went to the gym for the first time since summer started and several other places and now I can't find my sunglasses.  I retraced my steps to the gym and Chick-fil-A and didn't find my favorite pair of sunglasses. I could of just called the gym to see if I left my sunglasses at the gym but decided I needed to get my bootie back to the gym 2 days in a row and workout again for all the workouts I've been skipping.  This doesn't make up for them but at least I'm moving again.  Anyway, I went to the gym and when I got there I asked the owners if they had any sunglasses in the lost and found.  They said, "none were turned in, but they had another pair that have been sitting around for while".  Low and behold it was my pair of sunglasses that I lost back in February.  
Old sunglasses found, yeah!
It was my favorite pair at the time but I finally bought a new Summer pair and now those are missing.  Hoping they show up soon, fingers crossed!

Friday, June 20th
Today's workout at the gym:
Elliptical - Level 6, 10 minutes, 1 miles
Stationary Bike - Level 7, 28 minutes, 8 miles (cool down - another 5 minutes now at 9.32 miles) 250 calories burned, 33 minutes total!  WOW, that breaks down to 3.54 mins./mile.  My goal is always 4 minute miles, I was pedaling hard today.
Stretch Trainer machine - I love this machine as it hits all areas, so you don't leave anything out.

Went home and did the 30-day AB challenge with my son.  Still behind, as I didn't start it at the beginning of the month and trying to catch up to the current date.  I'm only on day #6 which consisted of the following:

     35 sit-ups
     15 crunches
     15 leg raises
     25 sec plank -  we did 1 minute

Also, did day #7 of the 30-day AB challenge - later on in the day.
     40 sit-ups
     20 crunches
     20 leg raises
     30 sec plank - another 1 minute plank

Also, did the following arms:

Hammer curls - 3 x 15 reps, 10 lbs
Bicep curls - 3 x 15 reps, 10 lbs

P.S. - My legs are so sore today from all and squats and lunges I did yesterday.  No pain, no gain!


Thursday, June 19th
Yesterday's workout at the gym:
After taking my son to golf lessons I went straight to the gym.   It's way too HOT and HUMID out again to run/walk outside.
  
Stationary bike - 4 miles, level 6, 16 mins (4 minute miles)
Push-ups on knees - 3 sets of 10
Squats with weight - 3 sets of 15 (round 1- 20 lbs & round 2 & 3 - 25 lbs., I was going to do the 30 pd. barbell but it's amazing how another 5 lbs. can be quite heavy).

Time to pick up a special breakfast for my little golfer and pick him up.  Stopped by Chick-fil-A and got my golfer boy a breakfast sandwich and one for myself of course (chicken protein) after my workout.  It was super yummy.


Went home and did a little more since I didn't have much time and had to cut it short.

Bicep curls - 3 x 15 reps, 10 lbs
Hammer curls - 3 x 15 reps - 10 lbs wts.
Side squats with 10 lb wt. - 3 x 15 reps
Lunges - 3 x 15 reps
Day #5 - 30 day AB challenge


Get up and Move!

No comments:

Post a Comment