Monday, September 1, 2014

I Did It & So Can You!

Tuesday's workout almost didn't happen.  It started out by having to wait for the air conditioner guy to show up and fix our AC.  I missed my favorite class at the gym, because he showed up at 9:00am which is when the class starts.   After he left I was in my kitchen and heard some dripping went into the other room and saw where it was dripping from.  Immediately ran upstairs and turned off the AC again to figure out where it was coming from.  The floor was pretty wet already but it ended up just being a tube that wasn't put back into the drain pipe.  I put it back in and that took care of that.  Just glad I didn't leave and go to the gym right after the AC guy left or I would of come back to a watery mess!

Finally, made it to the gym and back before my girls got home.  I was short on time so had to kick it into high gear.  45 minute workout, here's what I did:

Elliptical ~
  • 10:15 minutes
  • 1 mile
  • 133 calories burned!
Since I missed my power class which works pretty much your whole body but we do a lot of arms each time.  That's what I did, ARMS!

Biceps 20 lbs 2x15 of the following ~
  • Full
  • 1/2 up
  • 1/2 down
  • drag
Arms - shoulders ~

Squats ~

  • 3x15 with weights
Fly ~
  • 3 lbs 2 different types 15 each
Tricep dips ~
  • 3x15
Overhead triceps~
  • 2 at 12 lbs
  • 1 at 10 lbs
More cardio ~
  • Mountain climbers 2x15
  • Step up side to side 2 x15
ABS ~  (at home)
  • 25 crunches
  • 25 bicycles
  • 25 Russian twists
  • 25 crunches
Wednesday's workout

My husband was out of town, so I was in charge of taking my son to soccer practice (he's the assistant coach, so he takes him to practice most the time).  I wasn't planning on working out today but when I had to take my son to soccer practice, I got the crazy idea to take our dog with us and take her for a run/walk.  My run/walks are normally 2 - 2 1/2 miles but this one ended up being a tad bit farther. I have to say that it was rather hot out at 7 pm and my dog at one point sat down, she was ready to be done.  We were starting to go up a hill at that point so we walked up it.  I was planning on doing that already but she let me know we were going to walk for sure.  The next time I say lets go for a run she may turn around and hide.  I love this picture and am ready for this burst of summer heat to cool off for fall.  

RUN/WALK with the dog ~

3.05 miles
37:52 minutes
12:26 average pace
254 calories burned!

Thursday's workout

Today I went to check out a new gym.  I got a Gold's Gym flier in the mail the other day and decided to check it out!  Almost didn't make it to the gym today either.  Had to run an errand first thing and of course it took longer than planned.  Got back to town in time for a lunch date I had with a friend.  Ended up wearing my workout clothes when I left the house so went to Gold's Gym after lunch.  I know you're supposed to wait a while before working out but sometimes the best laid plans just don't happen.  Now the decision of staying at the gym I currently go to or switching over to Gold's Gym.  There are pros and con's to both, need to chart them out and decide before the special at Gold's Gym is over at the end of August.

Cardio

Elliptical ~ 1.38 miles, 13 minutes & 112 calories burned!
Stationary Bike ~ 4.60 miles, 10 minutes & 127 calories burned!

Weights

Glute machine  ~ 3 x 15 - 70 lbs
Hip Abductor ~ 3 x 15 - 145 lbs
Assisted Dip ~ 1x15 - 50 lbs; 1x15 - 60 lbs & 1x15 - 70 lbs

ABS

25 crunches
25 bicycles
25 Russian twists
25 crunches

Stretch & DONE!

Got home from the gym and hopped in the pool. It felt great!  
Set the time for 20 minutes.
Swam 10 laps and stopped to see how much time was left, I found out I didn't start the timer.  Well call that the warm up.
Started the timer...swam 66 laps in 20 mins.  Grand total 76 laps!

GET UP AND MOVE!
DRINK SOME WATER 
& TAKE YOUR VITAMINS!

No comments:

Post a Comment