Sunday, April 27, 2014

Run with the dog & Looong Bike Ride!

Didn't make it to the gym this past week.  Spring time can be crazy busy with end of year school activities, meetings, kids forgetting stuff etc.  

Wednesday ~ It was a beautiful non-raining spring day, I had to take advantage of it and run with the dog. This was in between all the craziness, I slipped this into the schedule.  

- Work until 12:30
- Volunteer at elementary school from 1:30-2:30
- Was going to head to the gym after this, but my daughter left her crochet bag at home.  I'm a nice mom and ran her bag up to the school for her at 3:00.
- Not enough time at this point to go to the gym and then get to the meeting on time. Grabbed the dog, since it was a beautiful spring day, and she went with me to the school drop off and we ran from there.  It was a nice change to run a different route, instead of one of the routes I normally take.  I have 4 different routes I rotate through.  Depends on the day and what I feel like running.
- Ran for 25 minutes and then took the dog back home.  
- Back up to the school for a meeting at 4:00.

riding a bicycleFriday ~  Ate SUPER bad on Thursday, read You Are What You Eat, to find out more.  LOOONG bike ride to make up for the week.  My girlfriend and her husband are huge into bike riding and go on 20 mile bike rides and sign up for runs all the time.  She came over to my house the other day and we ran my neighborhood, so I finally decided it was time I load up my bike and try out the trail that they ride.   It started out kind of hilly in the neighborhood and then we got to the flat part.  We were only going to go 4 or 5 miles and turn around to make a total of 8 or 10 miles.  The ride out was, so smooth most the time that I said lets keep on going.  Well the ride back was much tougher, as we were going against the wind most the time.  The ride out was super easy, now I felt like I was climbing a mountain and that's with my gears at 1 -1.  YIKES!  We ended up doing 17 miles total on this crazy bike ride.  Burned 700+ calories according to Run Keeper, Yeah!  After you read, YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT you'll know why I did this.  Still crazy though, but felt good after not making it to the gym all week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment