Thursday, March 13, 2014

Drink up!!!

Drink up I say, but not what you think.  Drink water daily and lots of it, 8 glasses a day!   I fill up a 2 quart CLEAR pitcher everyday, which ends up being 8 - 8oz glasses of water.    With the pitcher being clear, I can see how much I have left to drink throughout the day.  Here's a picture of my favorite pitcher, I use daily for all my WATER! I highly suggest drinking your water throughout the day and not drinking most of it before you go to bed.   You will not get much sleep, with all the running back and forth to the bathroom.



The amount of water a person drinks though is rather individual based on your size.  If you take your body weight (pds), and divide that in half then drink that many onces.  Whish for me comes to the 64 oz.  Listen to your body.  For instance, if you have a headache drink more water, if your pee isn't clear then drink some more water.  If you add lemon to your water there are added benefits.  Lemon is a great source of vitamin C.  Then throw some honey into the mix to sweeten things up and for even more benefits.  It acts as an antibacterial and helps beat infections.   I'm not a doctor, so by all means consult your doctor for more advice and do your own research.
 

There's lots of information out there about the benefits of drinking water and here are several, as to why I drink water.
  
10 reasons why you should drink water:  

1.  Helps moisturize your skin.
2.  Flushes out toxins in your body.
3.  Helps with weight loss, the more water you drink the less hungry you'll be.
4.  Water has zero calories.  
5.  Helps with constipation and keeping you regular.
6.  Headach relief, it's a sign you are dehydrated if you have a headache drink more water.
7.  Great for the immune system, as it flushes your body out.
8.  Energy booster.
9.  Prevents cramps and sprains when running or exercising.
10.  It's FREE!  Unless you buy filtered water, as it's usually cheaper than most sugary drinks.   

                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment