Saturday, March 22, 2014

Check out this book/author!

Janet Evanovich is one of my all time favorite authors.  I was first introduced to her books when I got a gift certificate to Barnes and Noble one Christmas.  Normally, I get my books from the library or Overdrive.com on my Kindle/tablet whatever you might have for free.  Paying for books and then having them sit around and collect dust is not for me.  I'd rather borrow them and return them.  I will admit I've probably paid for a couple of books at the library due to them being overdue, but that's better than having bookshelves full of books.  When reading I also don't normally read a book more than once.  The only books I've read more than once, were the Twilight series (only twice).

Janet Evanovich website link

I walked into Barnes and Noble and didn't have a clue, what to get. This was also the time when I was starting to read again.  Check out more Love to Read by clicking here.   I probably looked really lost, when a store employee asked me if I needed help.  They didn't know what they were in for.  I let them know I didn't have any idea what to get.  They ended up showing me several authors, the others I don't remember.  The Janet Evanovich books they showed me were in a 3 pack but I preferred to just get the first book of this particular series that she writes. The series is currently at book 20.  

The first book of the Stephanie Plum series is One for the Money.   This book was also made into a movie,which was pretty good.  
One for the Money paperback covers
After reading the first book, I needed to read more.  This is a great series about a girl named Stephanie Plum who can't get a job and started working for her uncle who is a bail bondsman.  You will laugh and cry while reading this series.  I'm reading the most current book by Janet Evanovich ~ Take Down Twenty!

Takedown Twenty hardcover
They do tend to sound the same after getting further in the series. But I still like to see what kind of predicament Stephanie is going to get herself into next.

Next book release date:  Top Secret Twenty One ~ June 17th, 2014.  Need to get myself on the waiting list for this one at the library.

I hope you enjoy them as much as I have.

LOVE TO READ!

No comments:

Post a Comment