Saturday, March 8, 2014

Sifting through the piles ~

RULES:
1.  Spend 20 minutes a day and de-clutter a pile.  Get some projects done in the process ~ YEAH!  If you don't get it done today, finish it tomorrow, but come back to it before moving on to the next pile.

2.  Start in one corner of the room and slowly make your way around the room until you're all done.

3. My office is a catch all room for everything.  No more, I say!  This stuff needs to find new homes & be dealt with. 

March 2014 ~ Here's my 31 day
office clean up so far!

Sat., Day #1 -   Folded a tote of sheets that have been washed a couple times, just because they have been there for so long.  They are now put away in the linen closet where they belong.

Sun., Day #2 -  Emptied out another tub of Christmas wrapping paper, boxes to recycle, plastic to throw away, and a couple of presents that needed to find a home.  Soccer ball is now in the garage and Nerf items are with the other Nerf toys in my sons bedroom.

Mon., Day #3  - Got rid of another tote!  Winter gear that needed to be put back into the basement for storage.  Not in the office!  I even organized the basement storage while I was down there.  It's our storage room for holiday decorations and other seasonal stuff, I won't share pictures of that room.  Although, now it looks pretty good, if I do say so myself.

Tues., Day #4 - Put my oldest daughters current picture in the frame, that I took down 3 months ago to do.  My husband keeps asking me if she is part of the family anymore.  HINT, HINT put a new pic in the frame and get it up on the wall. (Check out, Back in the family, under Many Joys!)

Wed., Day #5 -  Found a couple of end of year picture pages at preschool the other day.  I didn't have the heart to throw them out, so I brought them home.  Delivered to their parents today so wouldn't get lost in my office. 

Thurs., Day # 6 -  Yikes, mailed out 2013 Christmas/New Year's pictures to friends and family. Found in a bag on my scrapbooking table.  Why just say Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!  Let's say Happy Valentine's Day as well!  Don't want to add Happy St. Patty's Day to the list, so in the mail they go.  You can call this procrastination! 

Fri., Day #7 - Cut and traced out the rest of my frosted window pieces.  

Sat.,  Day #8 - Made my daughter deliver the rest of the Girl Scout cookie orders, that are sitting on my scrapbooking table.

Sun., Day # 9  - The Lord's Day - Go to church, a day of rest!

Mon., Day #10Taking PTA bulletin board board supplies back up to the school where they belong.  No, longer a home for that in this room. 




NOW GO DEAL WITH SOME
OF YOUR OWN JUNK!

Make sure you check out the pictures on the post:  Office Junk - Progress Report ~


No comments:

Post a Comment